Monday, August 22, 2011

Sophomore Stressing?

Well, sophomore year is well underway for me already. Since the day I moved in, I have been constantly busy. The only reason I'm even finding time to write this post is because my internet is down (Dianna vs. Charter is a long and drawn out story I won't get into because I'll probably just get angry). Anyone who follows me on twitter has heard the abbreviated version of this frustrating issue. It's probably teaching me some sort of life lesson, but I'm too angry by it all that I've missed the lesson.

So, my first night in my apartment, I put on a brave face and went to Auburn's BCM alone. This is the best decision I've made in a while. In just over a week I've met so many great people and found a place on campus where I feel that I belong. I'm really excited about getting more involved there and finally getting back into having a church of some sort to call home. If any BCM people are reading this, y'all rock. 

Aside from BCM, I also started my Communication Disorders classes. I'm taking four CMDS classes and Brit Lit II (core requirement). I have four classes on Tuesday and Thursday, which is really horrible scheduling. I don't eat lunch until 2, which is the worst part. I'm quickly realizing that being in my major and taking on a junior level course load a year early is going to be harder than I expected. I'm already feeling the pressure, 3 days into classes. But that's what happens when core classes are almost over, I guess. 

I started my job today. It turns out that very few people need writing help 4 days into classes, so my fellow tutors and I did a whole lot of relaxing today. I'm still waiting to actually tutor for the first time and get a feel of what that entails exactly. 

In addition to this, I'm still visiting churches and pretty regularly attending Church of the Highlands Auburn, as well as fulfilling my duties as a sister of TBS. I also eat and sleep sometimes.

I'm saying all this to say, I'm stressed, but very happy and excited about my sophomore (junior) year. I may be spreading myself a little thin, but I'm going to see if I can handle it all. College is about learning time management, after all.
I'll have a lot more spare time when I stop spending it on the phone with Charter begging them to fix my internet.



So, now I'll just sit here and wait until my internet comes back up so I can post this blog entry....



God bless everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment