Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Christians and Politics?

The republican primary in Alabama has brought back a social media argument that my dislike for comes second only to the Auburn-Alabama football hatred. Politics.
My dream used to be to go law school. I am a declared Political Science minor (although I haven't yet taken any of these classes). Politics and the government have always interested me. In high school, I would argue my political views to anyone who wanted argue back.
I have found myself drawing away from any type of political talk these days. I still get excited at the idea of taking my polysci classes, but I'm extremely frustrated by the arguments taking place around me.

How should Christians view Politics?

I have no idea. This blog entry is just me thinking through things, because I have no answer. I know that my argumentative approach from high school is not the proper way to go about it. My current approach of sitting and listening and saying nothing doesn't seem right either. All I know is this: politics should NOT divide brothers and sisters in Christ and cause unnecessary arguments between them. It's like theological debates. At the end of the day, we all love Jesus and want to live as He did. Anything that causes a division in the body is not what Christ desires for us.

The Bible should be my political guide, not Fox News or CNN, not my parents or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment